How do you get your antique furniture appraised?
There are many ways to find the value of your antique furniture and we have outlined the typical ways to get this here.
Important things to consider with antique furniture.
Do you know the designer/creator?
Do you know the age of the antique furniture?
The condition of the antique furniture
The provenance of the antique furniture
- Visit your local auction house and ask them what the antique furniture is worth. They will typically inspect it on the spot provide you with a free appraisal of your antique furniture.
- Search for local valuation days in your area – it is normal for an auction house to arrange valuation days a few times a year
- Get to know your local antique dealer. He is probably very knowledgeable and knows all the local specialties in your area or country for antique furniture
- Search databases of auction results with antique furniture – there are plenty of databases out there. The best one is https://www.liveauctioneers.com/auction-results
- Google Google – google is a tremendous tool for a treasure hunter that want to find an antique furniture appraisal and you can find anything on each antique furniture topic.
- Local appraisers – search for local art and antique appraisers – there is a simple and easy to use directory here